If you have experienced loss or theft of your cell phone and need to recover it, then it is important to know how to track lost mobile with IMEI number.
Nowadays we deposit a large part of our lives in electronic devices so that the loss of a cell phone can represent innumerable damages, both to our personal lives and in the context of work.
First, you need to know what IMEI is. The International Mobile Equipment Identity is like a kind of RG of your device because each one has its own. When you buy a cell phone, your IMEI number will be found behind the battery and it is different from the SIM number.
In the article below, you will find out how to block the phone using IMEI in cases of loss.
Also, we will teach you how to check IMEI android and how to check iPhone IMEI.
However, if you found your device using the IMEI feature, then you will need to unlock it to return to using your cell phone normally.
That way, you’ll discover how to unlock IMEI for free.
Continue reading and ask your questions:
- How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number
- How To Block Phone Using IMEI
- I Found My Phone. How To Unlock IMEI For Free?
How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number
How you go about finding a cell phone will depend, among other factors, on your operating system.
However, this is one of the most complicated ways. Therefore, we recommend that you use it only when other resources are exhausted since it is possible to use tools like Find My Phone.
If you want to know how to locate the phone using IMEI, then follow the instructions below:
- Open your app store – App Store or Google Play;
- Download the IMEI Tracker application;
- After granting permission to access the application, you will be asked to enter the mobile numbers of people you trust. This is necessary, because if your cell phone is stolen or lost and a new SIM is inserted in your cell phone, then SMS notifications will be automatically sent to those trusted numbers, which include IMEI number and cell phone location;
- If your phone is lost, then just enter the app to get your location.
How To Block Phone Using IMEI
The most effective way of knowing how to block a stolen phone with IMEI number is by contacting your operator.
Ask to speak to an attendant. This can be done from any phone – mobile or landline.
When being answered, you must inform that your device has been lost or stolen and you want to block it through IMEI.
Then you must go through the verification procedure and then the attendant will ask for your line number and the IMEI of your device.
How To Check IMEI Android
The IMEI of a cell phone can be discovered in different ways. The first is checking the battery of the device, as the inscription will be contained there.
You can also check this number using the internal settings. To do this, simply follow the instructions:
- Go to Settings;
- Then click on About;
- Go to IMEI to see the number. Tap Status and scroll down to see the IMEI information.
How To Check iPhone IMEI
On iOS devices, the procedure for checking IMEI is slightly different because the operating system is different.
Thus, to find out the IMEI of your device through the settings, just go to Settings> General> About and scroll down to IMEI.
Don’t forget that it is also possible to check the number in the original box of your device.
I Found My Phone. How To Unlock IMEI For Free?
If you lost your cell phone and used the tracker via IMEI and ended up locking it, you need to unlock the device to use it again.
This can be done by telephone contact. Call your operator and report what happened, requesting the unlock. However, be sure to have the following information at hand:
- Your telephone line number;
- ID card of the line-owner;
- Mobile purchase invoice;
- Keep the case of the device in hand, if possible, to identify the IMEI code.