To know how to update apps is something more than essential for any user of any device to be able to make the most of the applications offered.
For this reason, in the first topic “How to update apps” I’ll briefly talk about how it’s important to keep your device updated, and the primary tips you can’t forget to apply to use these methods that will be throughout this article.
Obviously, I wasn’t going to leave out one of the most important subjects of this article and one of the biggest reasons to bring these methods that will be in the topics “How to update apps on Android” and “How do you update apps on iPhone”.
We know that apps aren’t just for cell phones, right? Some devices require other methods, which will be available in the titles “How to update apps in laptop” where I will use Windows 10 as a reference and “How to update apps on iPad”.
And in order not to disappoint anyone, I’ll also try to demonstrate how to update apps on smart tv where I’ll show you how to update the TV also in a single method. And to finish, the topic “How to check for app updates” to be sure that I didn’t forget the essential for you to have a chance to see how to update apps. Make good use of these methods!
How To Update Apps
Before we talk about all methods and tips of how to update apps we must agree that during our lifetime as a user of devices that have apps, these little programs are pretty much what we use most on cell phones despite other fundamental functions of our devices of course.
The apps available today offer us services, information, leisure and much more about a wide range of subjects and keeping them in their more useful state is more than necessary for us to enjoy them well, and for that, we need to keep them properly updated even to also have good functionality and security.
The importance of knowing how to update apps is fundamental for this, your updates are what maintain the quality of the product and bring us all the modifications that are applied in these programs, so whatever your device, see which method is more your style and stay with me to know how to update your apps.
Before starting any method that will be described below in the topics to come, make sure you are connected to an internet network and logged into the accounts referring to your “Store”.
How To Update Apps On Android
Let’s start talking about how to update apps on Android to my Android user friends. We need to be alerted of updates to our Android phone apps to use their most current versions and have a better experience with them.
But, “how do I update my apps?” is a question that comes up frequently, and for you to understand better I’ll show here how to perform these updates manually and automatically, so you have more than one option when you decide to update that app you need. Let’s see the methods.
How to automatically update apps – Some prefer to leave everything ready to update as soon as a new update is available, the method below is for exactly this purpose:
- We’ll start our explanation by opening the Google Play app
- After opening the app, tap your profile icon which will be in the upper right corner of the home page.
- After that, new options will open, choose the option “Settings”.
- Then click on the option “Network Preferences” and tap on the phrase that says “App download preference”.
- Arriving there you will have three different options to schedule updates automatically, they are: “Over any network”, “Over Wi-Fi only” and “Ask me every time”.
- Ready! From now on, your update will depend on the option you chose for the automatic update of your Apps on your Android.
How to automatically update apps (per-app) – Now, if you’re thinking about choosing those apps you want to be automatically updated on your device, there’s another way to do this, programming them one by one. Here’s how to do it:
- Let’s start again by logging into the Google Play App.
- There, tap the profile icon, which is located at the top right of the screen.
- When the new options open, tap “Manage apps & device”
- When opening new tabs, tap the “Manage” option, where all the apps downloaded on your device should appear.
- Choose the app you want to schedule to update automatically and tap on it (to do it on more apps repeat the process).
- You will be taken to a page of the Play Store itself for this application, there, click on the three small vertical dots located at the top right of the screen.
- When opening the new options, click on the checkbox “Enable auto update” and it’s done.
How to manually update apps – This tip is for users who want to organize their updates themselves manually, let’s do it:
- First, open the Google Play app.
- Tap your profile (located at the top right of the screen).
- Go to the “Manage apps and devices” menu and tap on it.
- Tap on the “Manage” option and then on the “Updates available” option, doing so will show the applications that need to be updated.
- In this part, you can choose which applications should be updated. If you want to do it individually, click on the desired application and then click on “Update”.
- If you want to do this with more than one app at once, select the checkboxes in front of the apps and then click the refresh icon (represented by a circular arrow with a “check” inside) at the top of the screen.
How Do You Update Apps On iPhone
For those who have an iPhone and want to know how you update apps on iPhone stay tuned for these tips that I’ll bring you now. Here I’ll show you different methods for you to see which fits best in your way of scheduling updates, which can be automatic or manual. Follow the steps below and check what is best for you.
How to automatically update apps on iPhone – Let’s start first with this method which is for those who want to let apps update themselves without worrying about checking all the time if a new update has arrived.
- From the main screen tap the “Setting” app
- Then click on “General”.
- Now go to the “Software update” option and tap on it.
- And to finish, activate the “Automatic updates” button.
How to update apps manually – Ok, you wouldn’t like to leave everything on auto, and you want to better manage your updates, so the next tip is for you.
- From your home screen, tap the “App Store” app
- Opening the screen of this application, go to “Your profile” (located in the upper right corner of the screen) and tap on it.
- There will be a subtitle after this step is written Upcoming automatic updates.
- Scroll down and soon you will see a list of possible future updates (if you have an app to update)
- In front of each app icon, you’ll see a button written “Update” click on it to update.
- To update all apps manually tap on the “Update All” (written in blue right below the Upcoming automatic updates subtitle.
If you want to know how to update apps iOS 14 and 13 it’s a little bit different, lets see how:
- Find the Play Store icon, and press it long.
- It will open some options and among them will be the option “Updates”, tap on it.
- Choose “Update all” or click on “Update” in front of the app icon you want to update.
How To Update Apps In Laptop
Now let’s see how to update apps in laptop. Starting with Windows 10 users and then Mac users. It’s very common for people to download apps on computers, but how to update apps in laptop we’ll see together..
- On your desktop, click on the “Start” button at the bottom left.
- Look for the “Microsoft Store” app and select it.
- On the screen of your “Microsoft Store” click on the three dots that are on the upper right of this screen, and after that click on “Settings”.
- Go to “Update apps automatically” and set it to “on”
- On your MacBook main screen, click on your “App Store” icon
- On your left a list of options will appear, the last one is “Uploads”, click on this option.
- The next screen will already show all applications with updates available, in front of each one there will be the “update” button, click this button to update.
How To Update Apps On iPad
In this topic, we will talk about how to update apps on iPad. And show the necessary information to those who want to know how to update your apps even if you want it manually or automatically.
How to update apps on my iPad manually:
- On your iPad’s home screen, click on the “App Store” app that will be shown in the “Utilities Folder”.
- Then, click on the “Updates” option that will be at the bottom right of your screen, there will be visible the number of available updates.
- When opening a new screen you will see the apps that are available for updating, tap the “Update” button in front of the chosen app to perform the update action, by doing this it will enter an update “queue”, depending on the size of the update this operation may take a little longer than expected.
- If you want to put all applications in the update queue, click on “Update All” which is written in blue, located at the top right of your screen.
- As this can take a while, you can use your iPad normally while the progress of the requested downloads will be shown on the home screen.
- Consider that it may happen that some update fails the application does not update, in this case, go back there and repeat the action of clicking on “Update” or “Update all”.
How to automatically update apps on my iPad.
- On the main screen tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and then tap on the “iTunes & App Store” when you find it.
- Activate the option “Updates” turning it on dragging the button to the right still it becomes green. After performing these actions your applications will automatically update.
How To Update Apps On Smart TV
This tip about how to update apps on smart tv goes to the friends who want to keep their smart TVs with the apps properly updated. It’s common to have questions about how to perform these actions, and that is why I come here to demonstrate a method to try to help you. follow the step by steps below.
Certify your TV is connected to the Wi-Fi:
- On your remote control press the “Menu” button.
- Some system options will appear on the screen, find the “Network” and click on it.
- The next step is to click on “Network Settings” and on the next screen click on the “Start” button. That tip is for you to be sure you’re connected to the Wi-Fi.
Now, update your TV and the Apps on the same method:
- Press the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- On the options that you are shown click on the “Support” option.
- Once it is done click on “Software update”
- Then choose the “Online” option and click on it.
- The update download will start to process, wait for it to finish.
- Will be shown a new version for the update, click on “Update now”
- A new message will pop up informing you that your TV will turn off and then turn on again automatically, click on “Ok” to confirm.
- When it turns on, new features will be installed on your TV, with them, all apps will be updated automatically.
How To Check For App Updates
To finish our article here on the topic “How to check for app updates” I’ll leave a tip on how to see if there are updates to make if you want to consult this information. After all, it’s always good to be informed of how things are going with our updates. Let’s see how this works for different operational systems.
- We will start this process by tapping on the “Play Store” App.
- Then tap on the Profile icon with your photo, which is at the top right of the screen.
- Click on “Manage Apps & Device.
- Then select the tab “Manage”
- There you can see all apps available to update in the “Updates available” tab.
- On the main screen tap on the “App Store” app.
- Tap on the profile icon on the right top of the screen.
- Scroll down and check the apps available to update.
- Go to the “Start button” on the left low corner and click on it.
- Select the icon “Microsoft store”
- Click on the three dots on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then click on the “Downloads and updates”.
- There you’ll see a list of apps ready to be updated.